Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is the description of particular phases in the life cycle of an application or system. Below, we define the decisive role of DevOps in it. Furthermore, you will learn about DevOps outsourcing services and how companies can benefit from them.
What Is the DevOps Approach?
DevOps approach is the merging of personnel, processes, and products to allow for the uninterrupted delivery of value to clients. It is an amalgamation of “Dev” and “Ops” that unite Development and Operations, respectively. DevOps practices allow forming multi-faceted workgroups to function as a unit operating the most effective tools and methods. Some of the paramount aspects of DevOps include agile planning, continual delivery & integrations, and tracking of software.
When compared to the traditional application development life cycle, DevOps differs in the following ways:
- Deployments are iterative and regular to ensure a repeatable and dependable procedure;
- Tracking and validation of operational quality aspects is continuous;
- The feedback loop is amplified;
- Production-like systems for dev and testing environments are created.
Why Companies Look for DevOps Solutions
Why are companies increasingly interested in DevOps / Agile development services? For one, notable brands such as Amazon, Netflix, Etsy, and Target have witnessed success in their DevOps transformations. As such, this has motivated other businesses to embrace this model of operation.
Besides that, with agile methodologies adopted, companies can schedule work into Sprints, supervise their teams, and assist them in adapting to varying operational dynamics. This way, the development process gets significantly improved.
Outsourcing DevOps Services and Its Benefits to Companies
For a company to implement DevOps practices in a project, there are two options to consider. The business can either create an in-house DevOps team or outsource the project to a trusted DevOps services provider.
While having an in-house team does have some perks, the disadvantages, such as infrastructural and staffing costs, the time required to set up, reduced efficiency and focus in the long-term, among others, make it an unrealistic option for most businesses.
On the other hand, outsourcing DevOps services has considerable advantages over going for in-house specialists. Many top companies today have outsourced their IT projects or continue to cooperate with remote programming teams because of benefits such as:
- Access to DevOps competences: By opting for outsourcing DevOps services, a company gains access to skilled DevOps engineers all over the world, meaning a greater talent pool. An outsourcing partner can design, develop, and maintain services and applications for a company using innovative cloud computing platforms. Cloud DevOps play an increasingly significant role in building digital innovation.
- Better productivity: External DevOps teams already possess the necessary skills and experience. Coupled with automation and collaboration tech stack, DevOps teams can develop higher-quality products faster.
- Speedy delivery process: DevOps helps to accelerate time to market for digital products. Outsourced projects can be completed and implemented even faster without the need for more resources.
- Improved flexibility during development: DevOps outsourced teams are more flexible and agile. Changes can be implements within the SDLC, with significantly lower cost and less time to build better performing products.
Outsourcing DevOps services offers numerous advantages, particularly in cost-effectiveness and access to global talent. By choosing to outsource, businesses can avoid the high infrastructural and staffing costs associated with in-house teams. Moreover, to maximize the financial benefits of cloud-based DevOps, it’s essential to manage cloud costs effectively. Dive deeper into optimizing your Azure cloud expenses by exploring our guide on Azure Cost Management, which offers valuable strategies for efficient cost management in Azure environments.
See the webinar: Why to hire a DevOps team?
DevOps brings together planning, development, delivery, and operation phases in the software development lifecycle. Implementing DevOps practices can help companies to improve team efficiency, reduce failure rates, and develop more successful products. Outsourcing DevOps services is the best way to circumvent the challenges associated with building in-house DevOps teams and still fully benefit from DevOps practices.