Companies need to keep up with emerging technologies to engage their customers, reduce costs, and maintain a competitive advantage. However, many are often plagued by adoption barriers. This article will answer the following questions:
- Can outsourcing be the solution to obstacles associated with implementing new technologies?
- What are services in software development, and can they be outsourced?
Outsourcing of Emerging Technologies
This year has been hailed as one that will bring a lot of disruptive technology trends in automation, artificial intelligence, connected devices, blockchain, etc. While most of these technologies are already in use, the emergence of new applications, opportunities, and benefits is rife. Adopting these technologies is crucial if a business is to survive and thrive. But many barriers still exist.
IT Outsourcing, which is the process of hiring external programmers to build software programs, can help overcome one of the most common barriers associated with adopting emerging techs. That is access to the right IT talent. It is well known that there is a skilled talent shortage in the IT industry. According to a recent study, 65% of technology leaders said that hiring difficulties are hurting the sector. By outsourcing offshore or nearshore, you get access to a vast pool of skilled and experienced developers and talent shortage stops being a problem.
Read also: Nearshore vs. offshore software development
What Are Services with Regards to Software Development?
Services in software development include:
- Custom software development: for this category, an individual or business outsources a development team to build web and mobile applications that may make use of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, Internet of Things, blockchain technology, etc. These techs have been hailed as the future, and more people prefer to build software that utilizes them.
- Cloud services: subscription-based cloud services provide on-demand network access to shared computer resources via the Internet. Managed cloud service providers take care of cloud management responsibilities for a business, therefore, allowing IT teams to focus on workflows and applications that require the most attention. Cloud computing models include SaaS, IaaS and PaaS.
- DevOps services: You can also outsource the services of DevOps teams to automate processes and help release software quicker. It is possible to automate the process of implementing IT solutions at every stage, from software development, through QA, to maintenance and development of IT infrastructure.
- Automation: Now, more businesses are implementing Robotic Process Automation solutions in their processes to bring down the cost of labor and free up staff so that they can concentrate on higher-value work. RPA refers to software robots developed to automate some or all repetitive or manual human tasks. IT outsourcing companies provide support of project teams which consist of analysts, RPA developers and controllers.
Where Should You Outsource?
Outsourcing your software needs comes with a lot of benefits, including overcoming some of the barriers that companies face when adopting emerging techs. But when you decide to outsource software development services, consider nearshoring. Nearshoring software development eliminates challenges such as cultural and language differences, time differences, and expensive traveling costs. For countries like the UK, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Sweden, and Finland, Poland is an excellent nearshoring option.
Read more: 7 phases of the IT outsourcing process