If you haven’t yet heard about the Podkarpackie region of Poland, make sure to find out more about what makes it stand out and why it is worth searching for software development companies in Rzeszow.
The city of Rzeszow is located in the Podkarpackie region, a stone’s throw from the borders with Slovakia and Ukraine (90 km, to be precise). This convenient geographical location creates a wide variety of additional possibilities in terms of international cross-cooperation. The capital of the Podkarpackie Voivodeship is also home to numerous automotive, aviation and technological projects, hence the city’s official slogan “Rzeszow – the capital of innovation”. For years now, the development of the IT industry has also been accelerating, which has resulted in the rapid growth of R&D and information technology projects and investments.
Education and business potential
Rzeszow is an important Polish academic center. Students are educated at two public universities and four private institutions, the main ones being Rzeszow University, Rzeszow University of Technology and the University of Information Technology and Management.
Graduates have an opportunity to spread their wings in a number of enterprises, including but not limited to those operating in the aviation sector, which the city is strongly associated with. In 2019, according to the Pro Progressio Foundation “Focus on Rzeszow” report, there were 1425 people studying philology (foreign languages), 4483 students of administration, business and law, and 2467 enrolled in faculties related to IT and ICT fields. Thanks to such a ready-made base of graduates, an IT investor can rest assured that they will find highly-skilled people to join their projects.
Major investments and initiatives
The city has made efforts to facilitate investments and attract technological investors, which is why Rzeszow boasts a wide range of technological clusters, economic zones and R&D centers. This has turned the south-eastern part of Poland into a major destination for technological projects in the aviation industry. Aviation Valley is the great pride of the city; however, the IT sector is also becoming increasingly important. According to the ABSL report, Rzeszow is an important destination for Tier 3 services. The report also ranks Rzeszow 3rd in terms of the highest number of jobs created between Q1 2018 and Q1 2019 in Tier 3 and Tier 4 business services. Also, Rzeszow is an affordable destination, both in terms of offices and the labor market.
Some of the companies that have decided to invest in Rzeszów are Comarch, PwC and JCommerce.
- The total number of business entities equals 28,788
- 91,000 sq.m. of total existing A/B+ Class office space, and another 10,800 under construction
- A number of economic zones are located here: Special Economic Zone EURO-PARK Mielec, Tarnobrzeg Special Economic Zone EURO-PARK WISŁOSAN, Krakowska Special Economic Zone
- Rzeszowska Agencja Rozwoju Regionalnego S.A.
- Multiple technological clusters (e.g. Aviation Valley, IT Cluster, Eastern Automotive Alliance, Eastern Founding Cluster KOM CAST, Life Quality Cluster)
Important facts about Rzeszow:
- Convenient location near Krakow (168 km) and Warsaw; historically it has always been an important point on the Krakow – Lviv trade route
- Rzeszow Jasionka airport (6 km from the city center) offers both domestic and direct international flights
- Rzeszow is considered a good place to live thanks to the wide range of cultural facilities on offer, e.g. one of the richest ethnographic collections in Poland and green areas (close proximity to the Bieszczady mountains)
JCommerce’s office in Rzeszow
Our office in Rzeszow was set up in 2014 to address market demand for skilled Java, PHP programmers and ERP specialists. Our major clients in Rzeszow are Conhpol and Medim, for whom we deliver ERP services. We have strong competences in Java and our developers actively support the programming community by attending and organizing meetups (e.g. our internal initiative BiteIT) and conferences.
Summary – why invest in Rzeszow?
When searching for a destination for an IT project, thinking outside the box and taking a closer look at new destinations may be the key factor. Rzeszow’s importance as a destination for IT projects has increased in recent years and now the Capital of Innovation is an important player, attracting skilled Java developers and ERP specialists.
Furthermore, companies perceive the educational and business potential of the city. Should you need to find out more about Rzeszow as a destination for IT nearshoring services, reach out to us and let’s talk about opportunities for your project.
- Pro Progressio, “Focus on Rzeszow” report
- Business Services Sector in Poland 2019, ABSL report