The client’s system
Our client uses a cloud-native application for network management. The tool enables analytics and automation for broadband networks.
The aim of the project was to build an access control layer to act as a secure authorization layer intermediating between the network management app and Internet Service Providers trying to obtain access to the telecommunications company’s fiber optic broadband.
- No experience with the client’s technology.
- Numerous interfaces – integration with many complex client systems and components.
- New technical area related to fiber optic technology (ONT, PON, OLT, FFTH).
Inetum’s role in the project
The Agile software development team carried out the analysis and prepared the design documentation. The challenge was to get to know the system quickly and to work with many interfaces in such a way as to meet tight deadlines. Over the 4 months of cooperation, our specialists developed the necessary streams/nodes, leveraging their competencies in Java, Kafka, and ElasticSearch. Pre-User Acceptance Tests and User Acceptance Tests were carried out prior to handing over the solution to the maintenance team.
The solution based on a Mediation Platform enforces proper access rights, ensuring that each Internet Service Provider only has access to the assigned resources or will only distribute specific messages between given interfaces.
- The solution makes information sharing with authorized clients possible (alarms, network statistics, provisioning data).
- The platform inspects the content of calls between interfaces to ensure that only legitimate calls are directed to platform’s REST APIs. The solution ensures security – without it, it would not be possible to authorize clients who wish to utilize the telecommunications provider’s infrastructure.
- The client benefited from the expertise of an independent mediation team, which programmed the necessary interfaces during the development phase.
- The Inetum team has contributed to the improvement of the solution based on fiber optic technology, one of the main tech solutions for the telco industry, ensuring high speed and less latency.
Team composition: 4 people: a mediation architect, a senior mediation specialist, a mid-mediation specialist/test automation specialist, and a senior project manager.
The client: One of the world’s largest enterprises in the telecommunications industry, providing infrastructure and services.
End client: A major provider of telecommunications services in Poland, operating in all segments of the telecommunications market.