Expert knowledge | May 7, 2020
Custom Software Development: Digital Platforms
In light of the current trends, it’s safe to conclude that digital platforms have become a relevant business solution for companies across different industries. It’s entirely understandable since adopting a digital platforms helps to drive growth into new markets.
The success that various modern-age startups and enterprises have enjoyed, thanks to leveraging digital platforms, has pushed existing and new companies to integrate these platforms into their operations. Now more than ever, CEOs, CTOs, and other business leaders are willing to embrace custom software development to access innovative digital solutions.
If you are a business executive yourself, below, you can find more about digital platforms and how you can benefit from these solutions via outsourcing software development.
What Are Digital Platforms?
By merging various definitions, it’s possible to describe digital platforms as technology-dependent business model that permits exchanges among multiple participants (both consumers and producers). The size of the digital platform’s community is directly related to its value.
Other notable characteristics of digital platforms are:
- Foster trust between producers and consumers;
- Open and work with third-parties via APIs to develop innovative solutions and broaden the ecosystem;
- Scalable to accommodate any number of users.
Some excellent examples of digital platforms include:
- Social networks – Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
- App stores – Apple Store, Google Play;
- Marketplaces – Amazon;
- Crowd-sourcing platforms (pay as you go model): Uber, AirBnB.
Read the case study: Development of a mobile application for a client from the e-commerce industry
Why Delegate Software Development to an Outsourcing Company
Running a business isn’t just about product development, but also business administration, marketing, staff management, etc. So, for most small and medium companies, especially startups, getting a product to market quickly while also ensuring its success is often difficult.
Here’s where outsourcing software development comes in. Bringing an outsourcing partner on board to develop your digital product or platform gives you the following benefits:
- Access to high-level expertise and specialists – The majority of reputable outsourcing companies have qualified experts with years of experience building successful projects for clients. You can also get experts with in-demand competencies, such as Big Data analytics, IoT, Machine Learning, etc.
- Faster time to market and lower costs – An outsourcing vendor can help you to build and launch your product quicker and at a much lower budget.
- Scalability and flexibility – Outsourcing partners can quickly adapt to their customers’ demands. You can change aspects of your project and even scale rapidly.
- Access to the latest technology – IT outsourcing companies keep up with the newest tech and tools. So, as the client, you get access to them, too.
- Time to focus on core business tasks – Outsourcing your software needs frees you up so that you can concentrate on core responsibilities.
Advantages of Outsourcing Custom Software Development to Poland
Now that you know the benefits you stand to enjoy when you outsource your software development, where is the best place to find an IT outsourcing vendor? In recent years, Poland has quickly grown to become a popular destination for hiring IT expertise. Some advantages of outsourcing to Poland include:
- Highly skilled developers;
- Affordable hiring costs for Polish developers;
- Convenient time zone differences for companies in Europe and the US;
- High English proficiency among Polish programmers;
- High cybersecurity policies and reliable data privacy regulations.
Many companies become more and more interested in the benefits that integration with digital platforms possesses. As such, they are looking for custom software developers who understand how these platforms work and how to manage them to meet the company’s needs. By outsourcing development of digital platform, you get access to top skills on the market while speeding your digital product’s time to market.