QA specialists at JCommerce are highly experienced in performing Quality Assurance for numbers of projects ensuring high quality of the product and preventing you from additional expenses at all stages of the development process.
Quality Assurance (QA) is a set of activities covering all the technological stages of the development process, release and exploitation of information system (software) performed at different stages of the software lifecycle to ensure the required level of product quality.
The task of QA is to not only identify and solve the existing problems, but also prevent the possibility of future problems (so-called risks) or to make recommendations on risk reduction at the project implementation stage. The main idea of QA – the sooner you identify the problem, the less it costs to solve it.
Types of Software Testing
Outsourced software testing provides intellectual and technical resources and allows you to improve the quality of applications, as well as significantly reduce the risks resulting from improper usage of software products. Below are the three main testing activities that we provide:
- Functional testing Performed to determine whether software functions and features operate correctly and meet specified requirements. Functional types of testing consider the external behavior of the system. The most common types of functional tests are GUI Testing, Security and Access Control testing, Interoperability testing.
- Non-functional testing Performed to cover the non-functional system requirements. In general, it is aimed to test how good the system works. The main types of non-functional tests are all kinds of performance testing (Performance and Load Testing, Stress Testing, Stability/Reliability Testing, Volume Testing), Installation testing, Usability Testing, Failover and Recovery Testing, Configuration Testing.
- Change related type of testing
After making the necessary changes, such as fixing the bug/defect, the software must be re-tested to confirm that the problem has actually been solved. The following types of testing need to be done after making changes in the software to confirm the application is working correctly: Smoke testing, Regression testing, Build Verification test, Sanity testing.
- Automated testing
Test automation can automate some repetitive but necessary tasks in a formalized testing process already in place, or perform additional testing that would be difficult to do manually.
Full Quality Assurance Outsourcing
Our experienced Quality Assurance team is ready to test your software, regardless of how complex or large it is.
Get in Touch!
Why Quality Assurance Is Important
Despite the fact that the role of testing at first glance may not seem so significant, the software testing process is an integral part of the development process as well as the design.
The role of testing is enhanced by the use of iterative and incremental software development methodology, where each iteration includes all stages of the product lifecycle. Firstly, this approach requires the test infrastructure to detect a significant number of program defects at the earliest stages, and secondly, the implementation phase at each iteration requires tests to detect numbers of errors so that the product can be successfully delivered to the end user.
Here’s what happens when testing activities are not performed regularly and test data is neglected and poorly controlled:
- The whole testing process becomes inefficient, its results are unreliable.
- We are not aware of the current state of the application in terms of quality – serious errors which we didn’t know about may occur.
- The project takes much longer, the delay reduces the chances that the software product will be successful in the market since users can get used to similar products of competitors that were released earlier.
- The testing process may require more expenses to perform works that could be cheaper if the test data were well managed.
- Confidential customer data may be lost, damaged or stolen.
Benefits of Outsourced Testing Team
The obvious advantage of hiring an outsourced testing team is an opportunity to attract highly skilled personnel. There is no need to keep a staff of test engineers who, depending on the project phase, are either underloaded or overloaded. By delegating testing function to JCommerce QA specialists you get:
- Quick access to the experienced QA team
- Ability to use workforce and save time on testing activities while the in-house team is involved in other development processes
- Reduction of labor costs of attracting new people
- Access to a wide range of testing activities including specific test procedures
- Clear and timely report on each verification phase of the project
- Independent expertise from highly qualified test engineers
You can also decide on the STaaS model (Software Testing as a Service), where tests are performed only when necessary, without the need to employ a specific Quality Assurance Specialist, which guarantees the flexibility of the services.
The main mission of JCommerce is to increase the competitiveness of its customers. We would be glad to become your reliable partner and share our best test practices with you.
WE ARE READY | FREE QUOTE
FREE Quality Assurance Service Quote
Our team is ready to listen to your requirements and provide a quote for QA services including a complete breakdown of the project.